Firefox and Adobe Flash Player

Johnny Kewl john at kewlstuff.co.za
Fri Jan 25 07:17:43 UTC 2008

The best application server on earth
----- Original Message -----
From: Willis Taylor
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox and Adobe Flash Player

Alex Janssen wrote:
Does anybody else have trouble with this page displaying properly, or am
I the only one?
       https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/home.do
It's totally unusable and I don't know why.  Anyone know how I can make
it display properly?  This looked ok on Firefox on my Windows box at
work, but not on Linux at home.

Alex just had a quick look on windows...
Opera, IE7, and Firefox display the site identically....
I havnt setup Ubuntu yet... ha ha

But I'm guessing its a plugin issue, like maybe Firefox picks up Flash
automatically on MS.
I would just tell Firefox to upgrade... if doesnt happen auto and then go
here and download latest Flash
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

That site seems to use Adobe tools alot... guy also maxes out on Java
script... not keeping it simple
is stupid, but hey its a bank they got too much money and think every1's on
windows ;)
... anyway... with the latest plugins... you may get lucky

If you dont come right do a screen captuer and send them a image of their
cocked up site... should wake em up ;)

Thanks,
Alex

I have IE6 for Linux and it displays a great deal differently than in
Firefox.  They have not properly applied the html on this page.  It's not
Firefox, it's the webmaster not doing his job properly.

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: