using ubuntu to fix windows

Fri Jan 25 01:12:48 UTC 2008

Hi Don,

I'm not aware of any utilities to do what you want. The trouble with your plan is that over the years, the Windows registry has grown and grown and unless you know exactly which entry is causing the problem, chances are that you will not be able to fix this problem merely with a registry edit. Speaking from a Windows sysadmin's perspective, whenever a Windows box fails, the best option is always a wipe and reinstall.

Gareth

-----

Gareth Howells, CertHE (Dunelm), BCS
CEO, GForce Industries