off: here's a small news flash for MS Products Users

thomas fisher studio1 at commspeed.net
Mon Jan 21 19:41:38 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 10:51:24 andy baxter wrote:
> Richard wrote:
> > Well, for those of you whom use Microsoft Products... at work.<sick>
> >
> > this might change you mind....(to push linux even more)
> > http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article3193480.
> >ece
>
> The paper was talking about this just as a human rights issue, but this
> isn't the whole point to me. Yes it's intrusive on a personal level, but
> it also points, I would have thought, to broader problems in our
> society, and with the technological imagination of companies like
> microsoft. The only kind of company who would want to use this, I would
> have thought, is one where trust between management and workers is
> non-existent, and the management want to squeeze every last bit of
> productivity out of people who probably shouldn't be so stressed in the
> first place. Which is more of a social/political issue than a
> technological one. What does it say about MS and the companies who might
> be attracted to this kind of 'solution' that they see the research
> leading to this as a useful contribution to the world's knowledge?
> (Answers in words of more than 4 letters...)

   With the degree that fascism has been adapted into the mainstream
of "modern" behavior this becomes a new key to really control everyone by a
select few. I suspect such technology already is deployed under the auspices
of " national security" with non but a few being privy to it.
"They" become "god!"
  Work place control. Voting machines. Airport security. Job interviews.
School administration. National borders. Police interrogations. Prison
administration. Probably in due time traffic intersection scans, and of
course by that time license plates will contain chips. Orwell was right on
target. Erich Fromm's book titled "Escape from Freedom" is a very
enlightening read.
Onward into hell
Tom