ubuntu studio

thomas fisher studio1 at commspeed.net
Mon Jan 21 17:29:30 UTC 2008

On Monday 21 January 2008 00:35:41 astraljava at kapsi.fi wrote:
> >   What packages make Ubuntu Studio? Most of the graphic art and high
> > resolution audio packages seem to perform fine in the regular release
> > including the rt kernel.  Are there some performance tunings that are
> > different? Or is just eye candy?
>
> Ubuntu Studio uses apps that are in the repositories. Some of them are
> just collected to the install DVD. Branding is done by metapackages
> mostly. `apt-cache search ubuntustudio-` is your friend.
>

> --
> Jaska
Nice!
        Linux continually amazes me as to what is under it's hood.

Immediately I tried it also on  " kde- "; " gnome- "; " alsa- "
of interest: " apt-cache unmet " produced a long list of unmet dependencies
that I was not aware of.  I'll start a new thread on this.

     man apt-cache
            apt-cache performs a variety of operations on APT’s package cache.
       apt-cache does not manipulate the state of the system but does provide
       operations to search and generate interesting output from the package
       metadata.
Tom