Still kinda new, Ubuntu and Xbox 360

Jason E. Dorfler JDorfler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:06:50 UTC 2008

musicman wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by stream, but Samba (the linux
> implementation of the SMB protocol) is dead easy to set up and should
> give you access to all of your files on the ubuntu box. Does XBox360 use
> the SMB protocol when talking to winboxen?
>
> Samba is very cool, and very easy to set up.
>
> cheers
> L.
>
> On Jan 21, 2008 11:41 AM, Chad Moore <nistin at gmail.com
> <mailto:nistin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all, I have been using ubuntu for about a month and a half now.
>     Love it...never going back to windows.  Every program I been using on
>     windows I can use on ubuntu.  The only exception is I can't figure
>     out a
>     way to get my Xbox 360 to stream from my ubuntu machine.  Once I figure
>     that out...I can fully partition my windows drive for good.  Does anyone
>     know any ideas or have any tips that will help me reach my goal?
>     Thanks a lot.
>
>     --

> Apes are just creatures twisted by Satan to mock Jesus by giving
> EVILolition credibility. Further more they are naturally lust crazed for
> human women. Since they are not natural creatures they should be
> exterminated forthwith as the tools of evil they are.
>
> BJ Tabor, Blogs4Brownback
> http://blogs4brownback.wordpress.com/2007/07/28/good/#comments
> ------------------
> taken from here: http://dev.null.org/blog/item/200801152320_fundtheio

Try ushare.  Go to http://ushare.geexbox.org.  Just installed it today.
  You have to use the terminal, but if you got this far, you should be
able to figure it out.  I can't really say how well it works right now,
I'm away from my XBox360, but I am pretty sure just like everything
else, if you work at it, it will work not only fine, but great.

--
Jason E. Dorfler

MS WinXP Pro sp2/Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
Thunderbird 2.0.0.9/2.0.0.6