Disk suddenly read-only

maman durahman durahman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:19:59 UTC 2008

2008/1/21, ubuntu at acrasis.net <ubuntu at acrasis.net>:
> Why might a disk suddenly become read-only?  I have a 7.04 AMD64 server
> with two disks, /dev/sd{a,b}.  The trouble is on sda which has
> partitions for /var and /boot.  I can 'ls' the contents of these, but:

I have similar problem couple month a go with my file server hdd. Some
collega on internet say it caused by hdd problem. Something like
badsector or other hdd trouble. I'am very worry to hear that. Soon i
restrat the computer. Backup the content of disk. Too late. Some file
succesfully copy others not. It say cannot acces readonly file
system...... I have no sollution for this except i replace the hdd.
About data i have daily backup.

--
Wasalam,
Durahman