Reducing the size of a photo

angels mail angels.mails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 12:31:27 UTC 2008

And ... :) if you have a lot of photos, you can do the same with phatch
http://photobatch.stani.be/, which is a simple GUI program. I found it
because I couldn't  instal ImageMagic ...just for a record:  I'm still a
newbie in Linux :)

2008/1/20, andy baxter <andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk>:

> Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> > This is not a Ubuntu specific question. I am trying to upload some
> > photos to Craigslist and it won't allow me to because the size is too
> > large (1.3 Meg per photo). How do I reduce the size of these photos (I
> > have F-Spot and Gimp) to say 200 kb?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rajiv
> >
> If you have a lot of photos, and know a bit about shell scripting, you
> can do this automatically using ImageMagick, which is a command line
> program for editing images. But I wouldn't recommend this route unless
> you have some basic knowledge of programming.

Cheers, Angels

WE never know how high we are
  Till we are called to rise;
And then, if we are true to plan,
  Our statures touch the skies.(E.Dickinson)