DeviceGuru's Open letter to Mark Shuttleworth

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Jan 20 12:06:15 UTC 2008

steve wrote:
> heres a better idea.  drop all the "edu", "xu", "ku" like he asks, and
> let the installer decide what they want when they install like every
> other distro. isnt uniformity what we should be after?  OR just install
> all 3 if they want, its not that much extra space.

I doubt there is space enough on a single CD. On a Gutsy Kubuntu
installation, when I select to additionally install ubuntu-desktop, the
installer wants to fetch 255MB.

BTW: Why did you choose to change the mailing list? The original mail was
sent to sounder, which is the right place for this kind of discussion.

Nils