Problem

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at well.com
Sun Jan 20 01:11:53 UTC 2008

> From: Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca>
> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:59:20 -0400

> Kent Paul Dolan wrote:

>> 4) software generated noise in the connection, a
>> strange sounding problem, but one I saw
>> repeatedly in my antique SimplyMEPIS Debian
>> distribution for my USB mouse port.

> Good post - I'm just intrigued by how you would
> _know_ you had "software generated noise"?

I was running SimplyMEPIS from a CDROM.

Running the same hardware under Knoppix, also from
CDROM, or MS-Windows XP, from the hard drive, didn't
show the same failures, which with SimplyMEPIS were
so continuous there was no question that they were
not present in the other boot situations.

That limited the problem to the only variable part,
the software being run, in this case presumably the
SimplyMEPIS USB/Mouse driver.

FYI

xanthian.