trojans and Ubuntu

Tim M southern.tim at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 20:46:46 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 1:41 PM, Joel Goguen <jgoguen at jgoguen.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:24:59 +0100, Gerald Dachs <ubuntu at dachsweb.de>
> wrote:
> > Am Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:13:36 -0600
> > schrieb "Tim M" <southern.tim at gmail.com>:
> >> I clicked
> >> on the link on my laptop running 10.7 (also protected with NoScript).
> >
> > It would help if you could explain what 10.7 means.
> >
> > Gerald
> >
> Although I would assume he meant "7.10", or "Gutsy", I think I'd be more
> interested in details about this trojan.  I haven't heard of anything
> infecting a Linux machine just by visiting the site.
>
> Sorry all . . . I should have stated Ubuntu 7.10. I have terrible problem
inverting numbers. Even when I compare them they seem the same. Usually I
copy and paste all numbers. Because of this problems computers have been the
greatest thing that has ever happened for me.

I guess I was less concerned about Linux being compromised as much as I am
about my friend's computer. I should have questioned the boss more closely
about  it. Because it seems her anti-virus/anti-spy ware programs should
have taken stopped any trojan.

Again I am sorry about inverting the numbers.

Tim