Problems with aMule after updating xserver

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:45:28 UTC 2008

Hi,
  before reporting this as a bug I'd like to ask the list wisdom. I have
a fairly standard 7.10 installed and amule ran without major problem
until this morning update of xserver-xorg-core. When I tried to start
amule this evening nothing happened. I tried starting it from the
command line and I get the following:

hobbit at legolas:$ amule
Initialising aMule
Checking if there is an instance already running...
No other instances are running.
The program 'amule' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 403 error_code 11 request_code 146 minor_code 5)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

Apparently, something changed in the X server and aMule isn't happy
about it.

Do anyone else got this problem? Even better, does someone have a
workaround?

--
Leo 'TheHobbit' Cacciari