blocking sites

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 10:53:20 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 10:39 AM, Shali 9846303531 <shalib2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are providing internet services in linux machines.now we required to
> block some sites in the machines.is it possible to block sites without
> configuring proxi server ?. i mean in the browser or in the system?

Yes, configure the name of the site to resolve to 127.0.0.1 (or
localhost) in your /etc/host file. This isn't particularly great if
you have a lot of entries which you need to keep up to date. You are
much better off blocking them in with a proxy server.

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0