strange error while I add/remove applications!

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 05:49:58 UTC 2008

Hey NoOp:

I'm really appreciating your help here! I think the current method you
are suggesting might work since there seems to be a lot of strange crap
in the .list files associated with both libtheora0 and libtracker-gtk0.
I have produced the result of trying to reinstall libtheora0 below.

In the meantime, I want to replace the libtheora0.list file with contents
that you just sent. Also, can you please send me contents of your
libtracker-gtk0.list
file so that I can replace that too? These two .list files seem to be the
core
of the issue...

Lets hope this works... :)

cheers,
- fadereu

--- ----------------

fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall libtheora0
[sudo] password for fadereu:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B/102kB of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libtheora0_0.0.0.alpha7.dfsg-2ubuntu1_i386.deb
(--unpack):
 files list file for package `libtracker-gtk0' contains empty filename
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libtheora0_0.0.0.alpha7.dfsg-2ubuntu1_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.

http://www.algomantra.com