Framebuffercompression not working

Rolf Kutz rk at vzsze.de
Thu Jan 17 19:31:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

I tried to use the manual from lesswatts.org[0] to
save some power and enable framebuffercompression
in my laptop[1]. I get the following warnings in the
log:

(WW) intel(0): Option "FramebufferCompression" is not used
(WW) intel(0): Option "Tiling" is not used

How can I enable framebuffercompression? What's
preventing it to be used?

regards, Rolf

[0] http://www.lesswatts.org/results/mobile/x11config.php
[1] Thinkpad T60, gutsy,
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS,
943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

--
I died. [...]
Five seconds later, I'm getting the upside of 15Kv across the nipples.