strange error while I add/remove applications!

AlgoMantra algomantra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 03:46:26 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 4:06 PM, Adrian <linuxguru at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> I found https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/synaptic/+bug/159163
> It has a reference to a forum posting as well,
>
>  From what I'm reading it seems to me the way for you to fix it is;
> sudo mv /var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-gtk.list
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-gtk.list.bak
>
> and reinstall libtracker-gtk

Here's the whole session, Adrian. I'm still getting suspicious
errors........

fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo mv
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-gtk.list/var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-
gtk.list.bak
[sudo] password for fadereu:
mv: cannot stat `/var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-gtk.list': No such file or
directory
fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo mv
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-gtk0.list/var/lib/dpkg/info/libtracker-
gtk0.list.bak
fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo aptitude reinstall libtracker-gtk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
Building tag database... Done
Couldn't find package "libtracker-gtk".  However, the following
packages contain "libtracker-gtk" in their name:
  libtracker-gtk-dev libtracker-gtk0
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
fadereu at fadeurium:~$ sudo aptitude reinstall libtracker-gtk0
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages will be REINSTALLED:
  libtracker-gtk0
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 49.1kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com gutsy/main libtracker-gtk0 0.6.3-0ubuntu3 [
49.1kB]
Fetched 49.1kB in 3s (13.3kB/s)
(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libtracker-gtk0'
missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libtracker-gtk0_0.6.3-0ubuntu3_i386.deb (--unpack):
 files list file for package `libtheora0' contains empty filename
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libtracker-gtk0_0.6.3-0ubuntu3_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Building tag database... Done
fadereu at fadeurium:~$

Any ideas anyone? I'm kinda stuck because I can't install anything... :(

--