URGENT ! HElp please

Rajat a.rajat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:25:05 UTC 2008

alright .. i am outta the spanish quote. Now its more simple and specific.
No operating system found !

Please ... let me know how i can retrieve grub.

Also i did put in the windows live cd in the recovery mode but the entire
folder C:/windows is flooded with other files which i cannot access.

So I was wondering what needs to be done next !

Installation steps:
#1 - English chosen as language
#2 - City - Amsterdam (where I live) !
#3 - Keyboard layout - UK (since i bought the machine from UK) !
#4 - Prepare disk space - I already ended up creating too many partitions ..

The partitions as they are now :

 /dev/sda1 ntfs /media/sda1 - 27678 MB
/dev/sda3 ext3 /media/sda3 - 5946MB
/dev/sda6 ext3 /media/sda6 - 7254 MB
/dev/sda7 swap
/dev/sda5 swap

/dev/sda2 ntfs /media/sda2 18095 MB
unusable - 8 MB

Now in this /dev/sda1 is the windows partition ( I think ) - something which
I cannot check as well
And there are too many more partitions which I can think can be deleted and
done a fresh installation

So on this structure I chose /dev/sda3 having a mount point / and /dev/sda6
having a mount point /home

After this choice I have tried to install ubuntu but i get the same error -
at 80% midway installation -

"The security updates on security.ubuntu.com couldn't be accessed, so these
updates will not be made available to you at this time. You should
investigate this later.

Commented out entries for security.ubuntu.com have been added to the
/etc/apt/sources file." and the installation completes and nothing happens
beyond.

So I restarted the machine and allowed it to boot from the HD and got the
weird spanish error message. I dont wanna do it again and go through this
process again !

So please tell me if I am going wrong anywhere

Thanks
Rajat