I have ubuntu on a sawtooth G4

Badiane Ka badiane_ka at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 04:48:40 UTC 2008

After and update the system couldn't mount root.  I
figured that the problem must have been with the ram
disk.

I have root on LVM and boot is a separate partition
(ext3).  The error states that the vg can't be found.
The thing is that it's only picking up part of the
vg's name.

I don't have much detail here because I'm writing this
away from the actual machine.  If there is someone who
has experiences with this kind of problem or can help
with it.  Let me know and I will provide additional
information.

Badiane