Slightly OT - Leaving windows

Richard richrock at nerdshack.com
Tue Jan 15 11:27:07 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Steve Flynn
Sent: 15 January 2008 11:20
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: Slightly OT - Leaving windows

On Jan 15, 2008 10:59 AM, Richard <richrock at nerdshack.com> wrote:
> I am thinking of completely ditching windows.
>
> Has anyone done this?  Are there any guides to doing so?

Many, many people have done this already, but I don't think there is a
"guide" per se - every users requirements will be different.

However, I guess the sensible thing to do would be to list the
applications you cannot live without (Word, AutoCAD, Photoshop,
Simlogic, My Little Pony simulator, etc) and ensure you have suitable
replacements. Once you have all the bases covered, make your default
boot partition your Ubuntu partition for a few months. Once you're
weaned completely, GpartEd to zap the windows partitions entirely.

--
Steve
When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many people

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: