Restricted drivers

angels mail angels.mails at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:25:43 UTC 2008

Hi,
I was playing around with my graphic card, I tried to install Catalyst 7.12,
and afterwards I tried to removed it ... but now ... I have a new restricted
driver listed in Restricted Driver Manager: Lucent/Agere linmodem controller
driver (which is not in use), but I don't know where it comes from. There
are other changes, which I don't know how to fix them: my sound control
doesn't work anymore; the error signed is: no volume controller gStreamer
plugins and/or devices found. I also tried to remove compiz from my system
as written here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=569654 but know I
have the problem: after reboot I can't move windows and I don't see windows
decoration, which I can fix with metacity --replace, but only temporarily.
Someone knows how can I fix all these?
Thanks for your answer. I really don't know what should I do, so much mess
is now here ... :(

--
Cheers, Angels

WE never know how high we are
  Till we are called to rise;
And then, if we are true to plan,
  Our statures touch the skies.(E.Dickinson)