[HIJACKED!] What are the best OSS discussion group apps?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 16:13:35 UTC 2008

On 14/01/2008, M. Fioretti <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:

> On Mon, January 14, 2008 3:56 pm, Liam Proven wrote:
> >
> > I've not seen a PC email app do good threading since the days of
> > Netscape 3. The best I've ever used, Ameol, is a minority app that
> > most people will have never even heard of.
>
> er... sorry, by "PC email" you mean "Windows email" I assume?
> Not PC as in "any x86 platform, Linux included"? If you mean the latter,
> for example, what's wrong with Mutt threading?
>
> No flame war intended, just want to be sure I understood you.

Ciao, Marco.

No problem. I confess I have not tried Mutt - I like my GUIs too much!
I have, in the distant past of Linux, used Pine, and on Linux I've
also tried KMail and Evolution. I did not like either very much. By
"PC" I also include Macs, running both OS X and classic MacOS, on
which I've tried Entourage, Mail.app, Outlook Express, Claris Emailer,
Eudora, First Class and others.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
AOL/AIM/iChat: liamproven at aol.com • MSN/Messenger: lproven at hotmail.com
Yahoo: liamproven at yahoo.co.uk • Skype: liamproven • ICQ: 73187508