using other distro's repos?

Ken McLennan kenrmcl at mysoul.com.au
Sun Jan 13 03:14:04 UTC 2008

G'day there One & All,

>> with apt).  It's written in java, if that makes a difference.
>> I suppose have to make the jar into a deb or something?
>> (Okay, okay...I'll get googling....suggestion are appreciated all the
>> same...)

    I'm not a guru of any variety, but it seems to me that if there's a
.jar file then a package is kind of superfluous. Just stick the jar file
in a directory somewhere and run it from a menu entry (System |
Preferences | Main Menu). E.g. java -jar /opt/Arachnophilia.jar (as I
have in my case). You could even make a desktop icon to run it, or a
quick bash script would do the same.

See ya
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia