How to get scroll mouse working again?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 12 00:23:44 UTC 2008

I am running Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 and have just had the problem
that my scroll mouse will not scroll in Firefox or Thunderbird.
Normally it scrolls fine.

I have tried various methods of getting the scroll working again including
/etc/init.d/gpm restart
and
logging out of KDE and restarting it
and
checking that there were no changes in /etc/X11/xorg.conf by comparing
it to a backup copy made over 2 months ago.

The only thing that finally worked was to restart (cold boot) the computer.

Is there any way to get the scroll mouse working again without a cold boot?

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux