Ubuntu 7.10 Desktop Course is ready

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 8 15:48:07 UTC 2008

thomas fisher wrote:
>   This a repost from the ubuntu-training-support list  12-21-2007
>
> OK folks the long awaited Ubuntu 7.10 Desktop Course is ready, waiting
> and all yours for the taking!

Snip

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=student.pdf
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=instructor.pdf
>
>   { Note these are large 70mb files }
>    7.
>
>       The course content is released under Creative Commons: BY-NC-SA.
>       For more information on this, please refer to: [WWW]
>       http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
>
> Other than that, enjoy, and we look forward to receiving your feedback.
> You might also want to check out: http://www.markshuttleworth.com

snip
> This re-post is made as a service to the Ubuntu user community.
> by
> Tom

Hi,
is there any way I can access this being an ordinary "joe"
I have tried

wget
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=student.pdf
(will need to get it a bit at a time,  dialup very slow)

and I get HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
01:12:25 ERROR 403: Forbidden.
Many thanks,
Take Care
Winton

It is 72.5MB. Works from a browser download: right click the link and
use 'save link target'. It will want to save to Training.htm - that's
ok, let it save & then rename to Training.pdf. You dont' need any
special account access.