cdrom disappearing

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Mon Jan 7 16:56:21 UTC 2008

On Thursday 3 January 2008 anthony baldwin's cat, walking on the keyboard,
wrote:
> Do y'all suppose his fstab or mtab cuold be missing an entry to his
> cdrom drive?

Uhm..not sure to understand what you mean. The fstab file is "static", and
thus reports the entry for /dev/scd each time the machine boots. What happens
is that the device disappears......I guess it is a problem with the hardware
recognition, but I'm sure the cdrom is working fine (each time I boot in
Windows I can see it, and each time I can see it in linux it works fine, both
in read/write).

Any idea?

Thanks,
Luca