VVDQ : Alpine on Ubuntu??

Beartooth Testbedder Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Jan 7 16:55:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:31:36 +0100, Alejandro wrote:

> El lun, 07-01-2008 a las 10:35 -0500, Beartooth Testbedder escribió:
>> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
>> specify a solution).
>
> Have you tried this? ;)
>
> Alejandro

	No, of course not -- that's why I asked  -- *first* :

> 	But I'm almighty leery of any kind of -f option, let alone an install
> command with no argument. Do I really want to do that?? What does it
> mean by "(or specify a solution)"??

	If I ever saw a computer response that looked more like an invitation to
disaster than that, I don't want to remember. I wouldn't be caught dead
trying such a thing, let alone as root, without some sort of expert
reassurance in advance.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User : F8, C5.1, U6.06;