Synchronize a directory over sftp

Smoot Carl-Mitchell smoot at tic.com
Mon Jan 7 13:55:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 14:03 +0100, Johan Sandberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to find a way to automatically (or manually) synchronize my
> home directory to a sftp server. I have tried Unison, but it seems that
> Unison can't handle sftp. Is there anyone out there that can help me
> out? It does not have to have a nice GUI. A simple cli or shell script
> would be equally handy (or handier).

You can run the CLI sftp client from a batchfile.  However, it does not
not do interactive password authentication.  If you can set up public
key based authentication to authenticate to the server, you can then put
the file transfer commands in the batchfile.  See the sftp man page for
the details.
--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
System/Network Architect