Cacti on Dapper Server

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Sun Jan 6 20:39:10 UTC 2008

I tried installing the cacti package on Dapper.

   1. LAMP install
   2. apt-get update
   3. apt-get install cacti
   4. Was able to setup and log into cacti
   5. No Graph of any kind
   6. Ran "php poller.php"
         1. Error message
         2. Something about MySQL and php
         3. Can't remember what the error was

I downloaded the tar.gz package from the Cacti website.

   1. Uninstalled cacti
         1. apt-get remove --purge cacti
   2. Unpacked the tar.gz package in /var/www/cacti
   3. Followed the instructions for installing cacti
   4. was able to log in
   5. was not able to see any graphs
   6. Running "php poller.php" gives me nothing
         1. no error message
         2. nothing in the rra directory

Is there some secret way to get Cacti installed?