Enabling Restricted Drivers for Wireless card

Andrew P. Burgess apb at live.ca
Sat Jan 5 14:03:12 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get connected to my wireless network on Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon (on a
laptop). When I open the restricted drivers dialog, I see this: "Firmware for
Broadcom 43xx chipset family, not in use." When I check the box to enable it, I
get this message: "While the bcm43xx driver is free, it relies on proprietary
firmware. Without that you will not be able to use
your wireless card." I select "enable", and get this message: "The software
source for the package bcm43xx-fwcutter is not enabled." Where do I get this
proprietary firmware? Or is there something else need to do to enable wireless?

Thanks,
Andrew