London Data Centres (your recommendations, please!) :)

Adam McGreggor lists at amyl.org.uk
Sat Jan 5 01:46:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 01:37:54AM +0000, Adam McGreggor wrote:
[...]

> You'd prob want to use a server distro, and there is a ubuntu-server
> list: if you're going to use ubuntu-server.
>
> If you don't understand all the terms i've used, you prob ought to have
> a re-think, and step-down a bit: at least until you're ready/understand, imo.

I probably should have added, there's (again, IMO) a bit of a
difference (in most cases) in running a Bedroom-ISP, and
having a box in a DC.

(and if you've only used X, you'll almost certainly want to
brush up on CL skills: running X often is a waste of
resources for a server: and for the majority of the time,
you won't be sitting at it.)