kdm/gdm compatibility with KDE/gnome

anthony baldwin anthony.baldwin01 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 2 23:20:33 UTC 2008

Art Edwards wrote:
> I am running a feisty box under kdm. I have a user set that uses both
> gnome and KDE. The KDE users have more active options for logging off,
> including switching users, than the gnome users. gdm gives gnome users
> greater flexibility than KDE users. So, it seems that both gdm and kdm
> have chosen to become ghettos. Why?

Bah...
Install fluxbox and be done with 'em both, I say!
The more I use fluxbox, the more I like it.
I only have one problem with it...for some reason the alt key is
not functional in fluxbox, so I can't type stuff like
¡¿Que está haciendo, mijo?!
And Windows® sucks....
(¡¿®©...any mark that requires the alt-key...)

/tony

--
http://www.BaldwinLinguas.com
Translation & Interpreting