My Account not in SUDO access list

Pär Lidén par.liden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:39:36 UTC 2008

Hello, execute (in a terminal) su (and provide password for root), and then
visudo to edit the file /etc/sudoers. It is important that you use visudo,
and not editing it directly (for reasons I don't know). I myself added the
line
joe     ALL=NOPASSWD:ALL
to the bottom (if joe is my username). Then I never have to type my
password. If you jus ttype
joe ALL = ALL
then you have to type your password sometimes.

Regards
/Pär