Help with 64-bit desktop Gutsy and NVidia drivers

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 29 16:22:26 UTC 2008

I just installed a 64-bit version of Gutsy on a system with an NVidia
Quadro FX 3450/4000 DVI card, with both ports being used by LCD displays
via DVI cables.

I obtained the special nvidia restricted kernel via apt-get, and both
monitors are properly showing video at their highest resolution, with a
desktop that spans across them.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to tell the system, when expanding
a window to full/maximum view, to not span across both monitors, but
instead, expand in just the monitor it is in.  This is how the NVidia
driver (from Nvidia's site) works under CentOS with the similar setup.

Thanks for any leads/help.

Scott