how to disable fade before screensaver

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Feb 29 16:02:20 UTC 2008

Peter Garrett wrote:

> As I have said above, I will change my view if and when Gnome screensaver
> approximates the functionality I can currently get using xscreensaver.
> Currently I think gnome-screensaver is kind of insulting, not to mention
> lacking simple ways to implement the kind of tweak that the OP wanted.

One simple tweak that I think all the screensaver programs are missing is a
configuration option that would let me disable specific screensavers -
without uninstalling entire packages. Those screensavers that do cute
things purely by deforming a portion of the screen are a security hazard.
When I turn on the screensaver, nobody should be able to see what I've been
working on.
--
derek