jEdit in Ubuntu - is something wrong?

Philippe Didier pdidier at neptuneconcept.com
Fri Feb 29 05:16:49 UTC 2008

Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> Having heard rave reviews of it, I installed jEdit under 7.10 to evaluate as a
> programmer's editor.  This in itself required some jumping through hoops, and
> when I finally got there I was rather less than whelmed by it.  Never mind
> that loads of the much-vaunted plugins won't install, it's the general
> appearance of the thing that is appalling.  The font rendering gives me a
> headache.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there something I need to know?  I
> can manage without jEdit but then I've yet to find an editor that suits my
> purposes precisely and I want to believe the good things I've heard about
> jEdit.
>
> Rosie

Hi Rosie.

I am using Jedit for many years, on Fedora then Ubuntu 7.10, with no
"headache" problem and the font is quite perfect. I am a PHP programmer
and the rendering and colors are really good and I see no difference
with other text editor.
So I really don't understand what you mean by "bad font rendering". Is
this happen only with Jedit ? Dis you check the font in the Glogal Options ?

By the way I am using Jedit 4.3.pre12 on Java 1.6.0.03 (check the About
of Jedit)....maybe a Java problem...

Philippe

--
Philippe Chiangmai Thailand