Creative Live Pro webcam

David Vincent dvincent at sleepdeprived.ca
Thu Feb 28 18:43:29 UTC 2008

Hi List.

This is a bump to keep this thread in view - I've not received any help
since my last post so I just wanted to keep this visible in the hopes
someone out there can help.

I've got a Creative Live! Pro webcam I want to get working with Ubuntu.
 Here is some info taken directly off the chip inside the camera as well
as some links and info I've found:

> ALi
> M5603C A1
> 0538   TU05
> XHHMH900000E
>
> Googling the M5603C brought me to here:
>
> http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/mydownloads/
>
> ...which is a closed-source module which apparently works.  I have tried
> their time-limited beta (ugh) and it doesn't load for me when I try to
> modprobe it.
>
> dvincent at kodos:~$ sudo modprobe sn9cxxx
> FATAL: Error inserting sn9cxxx
> (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/sn9c102/sn9cxxx.ko):
> Invalid argument
>
> I am not sure what that means.  What argument?  :)  Possibly a kernel
> mismatch?
>
> I also found this:
>
> http://www.liddicott.com/~sam/?p=76
>
> ...which is a guy offering a bounty for someone to code a working driver
> for the M560x chipset, and this:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/svn/?group_id=185953
>
> ...which is a project developing a driver for the M560x chipset.  No
> packages available from there though I could try the svn repo.  That's
> my last option apparently but it won't make for me.
>
> Got any further suggestions?  I also tried Easycam but as I'm not
> supported by the spca driver I had no luck.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EasyCam

Thanks.

- -d