Thin client question - (I think?)

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 16:17:10 UTC 2008

On 02/24/2008 06:41 AM, Bernard Peek wrote:
> Patton Echols wrote:
>

>> So Questions:
>>
>> 1. Do I have that about right?  Or am I missing some major piece of the
>> puzzle.
>>

> As others have pointed out, you need a terminal-services server. Your
> existing SBS may be able to cover that requirement.

It turns out not. MS has turned off terminal services in SBS.  They say
for security and because application level programs and server level do
not play well together . . . ((sort of))

>>     1.a. Would this be a Ubuntu thing for the clients?  Or something else.
>>

> A purpose-built distro is likely to be better.

Yes, and it appears there are a couple.  "thinstation" for example as in
another post.

I am going to keep studying this for my own edification but appears to
be a dead issue in the company.

Thanks for your help anyway.