Problem w/ virtual terminals

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:43:01 UTC 2008

Il giorno gio, 28/02/2008 alle 08.52 -0500, geoffrey froner ha scritto:
> I am still unable to access a virtual terminal from the GUI when I
> enter Ctrl-Alt-F#.  All I get is a blank screen.  I can return to the
> GUI by typing C-A-F7.   I wrote about this already and have tried some
> of the fixes but no luck so far.  I am running 7.10 (Gutsy) on an IBM
> ThinkCentre.
> >From what I've read, it seems this is a bug in 7.10; does anyone have
> an answer or can advise to whom, to where, I should address my
> question?
IIRC, this was discussed on the ML for ndivia graphic cards, it was due
to a wrong behaviour of the framebuffer and two solutions had been
proposed: either modify kernel parameters in grub or include some module
or others in the initrd image. I'm sorry, I can not remember the
details, but if you looks on https://bugs.launchpad.net and search for
ndivia you should find. Alternatively you could search the ML archives.

--
Leo 'TheHobbit' Cacciari