problem with mailman

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Thu Feb 28 01:11:09 UTC 2008

Hello there,

I have Mailman set up with Exim and followed the instructions in the server
documentation.  Everything seems to work except for two things:

1.  When I send the confirmation message back once Mailman has sent me the
confirmation to join the list I do not get a response.

2.  I cannot send any messages and I don't see my messages returning.

3.  I looked in the /etc/aliases and it looks like my list I just added was
not added to the aliases file.  Here are what I have for a few of my files:
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

# Mailman Main Configuration for Exim Begins Here
MM_HOME=/var/lib/mailman
MM_UID=mailman
MM_GID=mailman
mm_domains=pilotalk.dyndns.org
Mailman Main Configuration For Exim Ends Here

mmailman_transport Starts Here
driver = pipe
command = MM_WRAP \
'${if def:local_part_suffix \
{${sg{$local_part_suffix}{-(\\w+)(\\+.*)?}{\$1}}} \
{post}}' \
$local_part
current_directory = MM_HOME
home_directory = MM_HOME
user = MM-UID
group = MM_GID
Mailman Transport Ends Here

Mailman Router Begins Here:
driver = accept
require_files = MM_HOME/lists/$local_part/config.pck
local_part_suffix_optional
local_part_suffix = -bounces : -bounces+* : \
-confirm+* : -join : -leave : \
-owner : -request : -admin
transport = mailman_transport
Mailman Router Ends Here