Pixart Webcam Development

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 22:18:40 UTC 2008

Il giorno mer, 27/02/2008 alle 21.38 +0100, Thomas Kaiser ha scritto:
> Hello All
>
> I have to announce that I have to stop Linux driver development for webcams with
> Pixart chips (like PAC207, PAC7311/2, PAC7302) and open source development in
> general.
>
> It's a personal reason why I have to stop.
>
> I don't like the thought that people using my GPLed code who have a government
> which uses criminal practice to get the money from their citizen.

Well, it is OT but I'd like to understand... you mean that the fact that
people whose government tortures, kills, and whatnot does not hurts your
feeling, while breaking into bank record does? I humble suggest that you
revise a little your standards of what "humans rights" means.
Just a note, with the above I do not target any government specifically,
just use your favorite example of miscreant government and remember that
the GPL _forbids_ to refuse to diffuse the open source code I'm using,
thus each time you release in the wild a open source software you can
not forbids that it comes to the hands of people on those countries.
Gods, for some of those countries there are even people actively working
on bringing open source software there!

--
Leo 'TheHobbit' Cacciari