Virtual CD/DVD

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:57:36 UTC 2008

Il giorno mer, 27/02/2008 alle 10.54 +0700, Gunawan ha scritto:
> Hi there,
> Is there any virtual cd/dvd software on ubuntu?
> Thanks in advance,
> Gun

If you are talking about seeing a CD image as if it where an actual CD
inserted into a CD reader, then no need for special software. Just use
the 'loop' option to mount, as described in the mount man page. Briefly,
if foo.iso is a CD image, you may mount on /mnt by executing

sudo mount -t iso9660 -o loop foo.iso /mnt

I never did for a DVD image, but I guess it is the same (obviously you
would have to change the filesystem type, i.e. the argument to the -t
option above, I'd try -t auto before anything else ;))

Enjoy

--
Leo 'TheHobbit' Cacciari