Virtual Box

Alexandra Zaharia f0rg3r at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 04:27:33 UTC 2008

On 2/27/08, Willis Taylor <gods-servant at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I found the package and it marked three more in synaptic.  It showed
>  that they were downloaded and installed but I can't find the Virtual
>  Box.  Any clue would help and thanks.

Hello,

You can run VirtualBox by typing in a terminal or in the "Run" window
"VirtualBox" (notice the uppercase "V" and "B").

If it doesn't appear in your menu yet, you need to refresh either
gnome-panel or kmenu - depending on what you're using: Gnome or KDE.

For Gnome, type in a terminal:

killall gnome-panel

For KDE, type in a terminal:

kbuildsycoca --incremental

I have VirtualBox installed on Kubuntu 7.10 and in my case it appears
under K Menu -> System -> innotek VirtualBox

In any case, if this doesn't work, it means there probably was a
problem at the install. Just to make sure you have VirtualBox
installed, type in a terminal:

dpkg -l | grep virtualbox

The command above should output a line like:

ii  virtualbox
1.5.4-27034_Ubuntu_gutsy                 innotek VirtualBox

HTH,

Alex.