NAS with 320GB HDD connected with TCP/IP or USB only shows 190GB !

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Tue Feb 26 23:06:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 11:43 -0500, Brian McKee wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:44 AM, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux
> <i-ubux at synass.net> wrote:
> >
> >  Any advise, guidance, hints and suggestions are hot awaited. ;-)
> >  TIA for your help and cheers, svobi
>
> The extra space is taken up with doubled up punctuation ?? ??
>
> :-)   :-)

Hi Brian, well, I was more thinking in terms of Swiss Emmental Cheese:
Too much bubbles !? ;-D

> Sounds like a problem with the NAS cases, not Ubuntu.
> What are they formatted as?

That's another curious thing/question:
Suggested is formatting with FAT32 with its 32GB limit if I am not
mistaken !?

On the other hand: I would appreciate to understand more in the
following terms:
MUST it be FAT32 and why FAT32 (only) !?
I would tend more to ext3 if mainly used with Linux / Ubuntu !

Thanks for your feedback and thoughts.
Cheers, svobi