Connecting to L2TP

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:22:39 UTC 2008

On 26/02/2008, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 08:00 -0800, David Vincent wrote:
>  > > What do you mean "dial"? Cable is always on...
>  >
>  > It's called a PPPOE connection and just getting a cable router won't
>  > help unless it supports that type of thing.
>
> Weeell - yes, but they generally do!
>

>  > turn up.  I've not setup a PPPOE connection under Linux so unfortunately
>  > can't help other than to post this link:
>

> I have set up PPPOE, and take it from me it is a great deal easier to
>  get a cable router. It's also easier to share the link if you don't have
>  to have one PC on whenever the others want to use the link.

It may be. But she got this computer for free, and she is not
investing any money in hardware. If she needs new hardware to run
Linux, then she will be content running her virus and spyware infested
XP installation, that the old user had used. End of story. No new
hardware.

>  It does seem, however, that the device he mentioned will do all he
>  needs, with no special software on the Linux side.

If you have a link that shows how to access the web-based control
panel on that modem, and to set the dialup info in the modem itself,
I'd like you to post it please. I am aware that there are modems with
such features, however, this modem does not seem to have such a
feature.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il