Correction: Re: Edit a file on an ISO

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:53:22 UTC 2008

Il giorno lun, 25/02/2008 alle 22.13 +1100, Peter Garrett ha scritto:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:57:18 +1100
> Peter Garrett <peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Oops - comedy of errors... see comment after the # below.
>
> > ~/peter/iso $ sudo mount -o loop feisty-mini.iso /mnt
> >  mkdir feisty-mini-dump
> > cp -a /mnt feisty-mini-dump/  # That should have been cp -a /mnt/* feisty-mini-dump/
hmmm may be

cd /mnt
cp -a . /complete/path/to/feisty-mini-dump/

this will copy also the hidden directories in the CD (I do not know the
feisty-mini CD, but my ubuntu-7.10-desktop-i386.iso contains such a
directory named .disk), you may use your original command if you omit
the mkdir beforehand

--
Leo 'TheHobbit' Cacciari