Does ubuntu support 15bit color or not?

Zatlite Minthar zatlite at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:47:47 UTC 2008

Right, well, my video card must support 15bit because I can get it when I use Puppy Linux.
Problem is when I modify xorg.conf to use 15bit using sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg or manually editing the xorg.conf file,
xubuntu 7.10 loads the login screen. It displays the 15 bit color fine. Right after loading the login screen, it crashes.
So, the difference is the distro and or xorg versions.