XFS in Dapper

Nick Webb nick at freelock.com
Sun Feb 24 17:24:38 UTC 2008

Hello all -

I've got a project coming up that will have a file system around 2TB and
I'm thinking of using XFS for it.  Main feature of XFS I need is the
lack of fsck at startup (fsck for ext2/3 will take several hours with a
2TB partition).  The file system will also likely have many large files,
so XFS seems to be a good choice for this as well.

Can anyone share their XFS experiences on Ubuntu Dapper?  Is it as
stable as ext3 in your experience?  Any tips/tricks/gotchas?  Any other
file systems I should look at (JFS, ReiserFS, etc.)?

Thanks!

Nick

--
Nick Webb