Space

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Feb 23 21:53:35 UTC 2008

    I put my Ubuntu in a 8 GB partition which is fine provided you don't
get a bunch of pictures and other things via the Internet. I was getting
a lot of big things and the partition was getting full fast. I had to do
something and nothing was easy. But it is done and the solution is working.

    The bulk of the system is still in the /dev/hda8 directory, but the
/home is now in the /dev/hda9 partition.  It is a 20 GB partition and it
is now  22% used. The main 8 GB is now 60% used.

    Back when I was using Fedora 7 Linux I first separated the /home and
I have that also attached to my system. This is good because a lot of
things I recall and find in that older file system. If I want it I put
it on the Desktop.

    This is what my /etc/fstab looks like now:

karl at karl-desktop:~$ cat /etc/fstab
#
proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
# /dev/hda8
UUID=a9c1cb61-ddfd-44f6-88b0-6dc976daf9ca /               ext3
defaults,errors=remount-ro 0       1
# /dev/hda1
UUID=7915f630-518c-425b-9fea-0ef07e50d0f9 none            swap
sw              0       0
# /dev/sda2
UUID=7d8c37ed-b2ec-4008-a137-f24c6659c5ab none            swap
sw              0       0
/dev/hdb        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec 0       0
LABEL=f7-home       /f7home          ext3     defaults       1    2
/dev/hda9           /home       ext3     defaults       1    2

Notice at the bottom both partitions  are mounted when I boot up the
system. They come up right after the main system.

Now the computer can just work for awhile and I will add some more
pictures now that space is not a problem.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User