parted > gparted ?

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sat Feb 23 05:18:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 01:32 +0100, Gerald Dachs wrote:
> Am Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:33:22 +0800
> schrieb SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux <i-ubux at synass.net>:
>
> > Why parted ?
> > Why NOT GParted ??
>
> Why not fdisk and dd?
>
> Gerald

Hi Gerald
I assume you are much more experienced than me !!! ;-)
So, why asking a counter question ??? ;-(

I am sure, not only me, as newbie, had appreciated your
more detailed experience and reason/s why YOU name FDISK and DD !?

I would love to hear your arguments and reasons and learn from you. ;-)

Well, I can tell you one of my reason:
I am not UN-familiar with command lines !
A GUI indeed, especially as newbie, is a good help to see and learn !!

I am sure:
With FDISK and DD my mess had ended in a real disaster last
weekend !!! ;-((

Cheers, svobi