help with iso file

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 02:31:31 UTC 2008

--- Nigel Atherton <Nigel at Atherton.co.za> wrote:

> Please help,
>
> I have downloaded the ISO install file but cannot
> make it a bootable CD.
>
> How should I go about doing this?

Hi Nigel,
Just burned my first iso a few days ago.  You can use
K3B in ubuntu. Be sure to burn it as an iso file or it
wont work.  Also check the downloaded file against
it's md5 sum to eliminate error and check the disk
against the md5sum also. Verify the write as you burn
also.  I burned mine at 10X speed on a new drive with
no problem but burn slower if you get a disk that wont
work. If your first time to burn read the manual; man
k3b. Hope this helps,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net