Laptop lockup

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu Feb 21 18:30:37 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 02/20/2008 05:46 AM, Neil Cherry wrote:
>
>> Dmesg won't show anything useful as it gets wiped at startup.
>>

> Odd... mine always has dmesg (today) plus previous days: dmesg.0
> (yesterday), dmesg.1.gz (yesterday), dmesg.2.gz (two days ago) - then
> again I boot each day on this machine.

I double checked and there is only dmesg there. Oddly enough I
found out that when it 'locked up' today I was able to hit
CTRL-ALT-DEL and it cleanly shutdown. So the machine isn't locked
up but the screen is. I haven't quite figured it out just yet
but that's a major step forward.

Thanks

PS I hope to get time to look at the bug list later on.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com